The world has been my platform for over 25 years; as a professional, I’ve had the opportunity to speak in every state and province, as well as in more than 30 countries. A global audience is a fantastic audience, and the opportunities for networking, long-term collaboration, and presenting your own research has never been better.
There are so many programs to choose from; how do you decide where to submit our abstract and share your work? As a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), and one of only 2 nurses in the world with the CSP and Fellow of the Academy of Nursing designation, I suggest the following:
- Explore the website of the hosting organization
- Review past programs and current presenters
- Identify members of the Organizing Committee
- Access possible conflicts of interest
- Determine your willingness and ability to ‘pay to play’ – will your university or employer pay your travel fees and registration
- Consult with respected colleagues
Chances are that you have been invited to present at an international meeting or to submit an abstract for consideration. When I invite my peers to submit an abstract, it is because I respect the authenticity of the host organization. I have taken my own suggestions and vetted the opportunity- http://www.momentera.org. Presenting before a global audience of your peers is so rewarding; I encourage your to consider the possibilities and to go for it! Feel free to reach out to me, as a respected colleague, and your peer.